There are currently
others playing on
glowstonepvp.com

Welcome to GlowstonePVP!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Statistics
    You can click here to view all your statistics on your unique profile.

Glowstone Update Date and Merge

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by dann2g, May 16, 2018.

1. dann2g

dann2g New Member
    Owner

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +14
    This is a quick announcement post to fill everyone in on what has been going on behind the scenes at Glowstone.

As I stated in previous posts, our initial plans for Glowstone were disrupted by a major lack of understanding about the state of content and the community - as in, not many community members were happy with the state of Glowstone and the content/server wasn't very attractive.

Our initial plans focused on small updates and management of Glowstone's community until a new Massive PVP concept server had been developed (that Glowstone would be merged with).

Because of the current state of Glowstone, our initial plans have been scrapped. We are focused on developing a major update/revamp, as mentioned in previous posts. Development has been coming along well.

The new GlowstonePVP server is being released on 1st June, this is 2 weeks later than the estimated date, but is due to a major change in plans - Glowstone is merging with another server. I've explained what is happening in detail below.

Glowstone Merge
    GlowstonePVP is merging with Dancraft. I want to preface by saying that this change is not necessarily permanent and can be reversed if the community does not like it. That said, there are many positives to this merge:
    • The biggest positive is that it will allow Glowstone to grow faster. Dancraft has a much larger playerbase and has a big marketing campaign coming up).
    • Everyone on Glowstone has access to more servers (Factions, Kit PVP, etc).
    • There are more resources (builders, developers, time, etc) to dedicate to the server (as previously they were shared).
    Below is a list of what will be happening on the day of the merge:
    • The GlowstonePVP server addresses (e.g. mc.glowstonepvp.com) will be pointed towards Dancraft's Massive PVP server (Ulti), which will happen as Dancraft's Massive PVP server (Ulti) has an update and reset. This update/reset has all of the GlowstonePVP content promised in previous posts - the only difference is that it will be on Dancraft's network, rather than on Glowstone.
    • Your rank on GlowstonePVP will be converted to an equivalent on Dancraft - this rank is shared across all of Dancraft's servers, so you will have a rank on Factions, Skyblock, KitPVP/OP PVP, DanGames, Creative, Prison and all of the other Dancraft servers.
    We have spoken to several members of the community, and have found that for many of you, Glowstone isn't just a server, but a (large) group of friends. For this reason, we are also making sure that:
    • The GlowstonePVP forums remain online indefinitely (forever).
    • The GlowstonePVP statistics, website, etc will remain online.
    • The GlowstonePVP Discord will continue to be managed for at least 3 months after the merge (you will be encouraged to use Dancraft's Discord, however).
    • GlowstonePVP will have a legacy server (the current GlowstonePVP server) open up at legacy.glowstonepvp.com 1 month after the merge (if the community requests it).
    The date of this update/merge is officially 1st June 2018 (in 2 weeks time).

We are really excited about this update and merge, and will be making a post next week with images/more plans for the new Massive PVP server. This post will focus on asking for feedback from you about what will be changing. There is also likely to be a joint beta test of the server with both Glowstone's community and Dancraft's community.

Let us know what you think in the comments!

2. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Member
    Sponsor

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +90
    Rip Glowstone.

3. B0OM

B0OM Active Member
    Sponsor

Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +159
    I think its a great idea.

4. Eriko_GSPvP

Eriko_GSPvP Member
    Sponsor

Sweden
    Ratings:
    +23
    Nice, this is the best for glowstone!

5. StainClient

StainClient Active Member
    Sponsor

Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +169
  6. RekfulPvP

RekfulPvP Pro Member
    Sponsor

Sweden
    Ratings:
    +813
    well, 5 years down the drain :laugh: - Nah but I've mixed opinions about this.

7. xKwiq_

xKwiq_ Member
    Sponsor

Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +48
    Don't reset stats thats all what i need to say.... the stats are important !!

#7 xKwiq_, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  8. xKwiq_

xKwiq_ Member
    Sponsor

Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +48
    me 2

9. Medians

Medians Pro Member
    Sponsor

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +847
    What about ranks Dan? If it merges what about the ranks? Will they be reset?

I guess this does kinda feel strange for me, this has been my childhood, everyones and now this server is merging with another, I guess there's no plan b.

10. dann2g

dann2g New Member
    Owner

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ranks will be kept:
    One player queried names of the ranks, we don't have any plans to change the name of Dancraft ranks, but if it's a major issue after release, we can always hold a poll in which the newly joined community can vote together on rank name changes.

We're open to all feedback. If there is anything in particular you don't like - please let us know. We would much rather you are really critical now (so that we can fix any problems you have with the update) than us releasing an update that the community doesn't like.

11. t0o

t0o Pro Member
    Sponsor

Norway
    Ratings:
    +492
    lets go baby, hypee gang

12. xKwiq_

xKwiq_ Member
    Sponsor

Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +48
    Like i said just don't reset the stats and i don't like the rank names on your server...it is standard and noob servers like cubecraft use the same names.

13. Rollo97

Rollo97 Well-Known Member
    Sponsor

Saudi Arabia
    Ratings:
    +319
    Dude dont change glowstone,
    Dont reset stats and dont change names we want the real glowstone if you change everything gl then 5 players and we all will quit.Minecraft is dead i just play minecraft because of glowstone if u change the real glowstone goodbye then.

14. dann2g

dann2g New Member
    Owner

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +14
    Just incase it was missed, in the post I stated:

The reality is that Glowstone can't and won't grow if it isn't attractive to new players. We are in a predicament here because it's impossible to design an update that suits the needs of every player individually. Certain players say "if you change this thing, then I'm quitting", but there are other players that say they will quit if this thing isn't changed. Our only real way to combat this is to ask for feedback that is constructive.

I stated in the post:

Players have queries about statistics - we're looking to make things right and make any changes that you want. Your post isn't helpful to us (the community), and more importantly, it isn't helpful to you - we are clearly going to change Glowstone (it needs change and updates). Instead of making baseless claims like "5 players", tell us what you don't like and explain why. The why is important.

The reason the why is important is because saying "I don't like this update" doesn't allow us to improve anything. If the reason you don't like the update is because statistics might reset, then tell us "I don't like this update because statistics might reset, I don't want statistics to reset because...". With the second answer, we can actually improve the update so that you will like it.

I hope you understand and can provide some constructive feedback. I've bolded some word to put emphasis on them - I want to be clear that my only goal here is to make a server that you like, I'm not making these changes to ruin Glowstone, I'm making these changes to improve it.

15. CoolBoy123456

CoolBoy123456 Member

Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +72
    "5 players", the server has been dead for 2 years now and we finally have someone who tries to fix it and your still being
    negative.

16. CoolBoy123456

CoolBoy123456 Member

Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +72
    Cubecraft still has 20K players on sometimes. So it really isn't a "noob" server.

17. Rollo97

Rollo97 Well-Known Member
    Sponsor

Saudi Arabia
    Ratings:
    +319
    Lets see :wink:

18. dann2g

dann2g New Member
    Owner

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +14
    Again, if you want to provide constructive feedback, you are more than welcome to contribute. We are not acting against the community - we are literally asking for input, no matter how critical, provided it is clear and constructive.

19. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Member
    Sponsor

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +90
    @dann2g i changed my mind about "rip glowstonepvp" my first comment, i'm sorry for that.

- I think it will be great future for GlowstonePvP! :biggrin:

20. Dizzy_Ownage

Dizzy_Ownage Member

Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +13
    Dan why did you stop putting effort in the server?
    Why did u buy the server since u stopped putting effort in it within 1/2 months?